A shrine to the Divine Mother

Home forums Items and Clothing Art and Ornaments A shrine to the Divine Mother

This topic contains 9 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Jenny Resnick 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Lucia
    Participant

Hello,

I would like to share a shrine/altar dedicated to the Divine Feminine in her gentler aspect that I have in my bedroom. The altar is against the north/east wall, and the image is of the Hindu Goddess Lakshmi. The bowl with water placed on the purple candleholder also serves for burning the essential oils – I hope that is fine?

The altar cloth is white crochet, with the shapes of flowers that remind me of swastikas.

Altar during the day

DM_altar_day_small

Altar at night

DM_altar_night_small

Daniel
    Participant

That’s really nice Lucia. It has a very simple and earthy feel to it.

Patricia
    Participant

I love the picture you have of Lakshmi Lucia and the flowers are lovely touch too. Thanks for sharing your photo with us.

Zorana
    Participant

Beautiful, Lucia : ) I like the crochet pattern as well! Also neat how the frame of the photo matches the altar itself. Feels nicely put together.

Ella
    Participant

Beautiful Lucia! Really elegant and certainly feels like something that emits the feminine energy.

Matthew Butler

Very nice Lucia, it has an elegance and harmony to it, which is very fitting.

Anne Linn
    Participant

So lovely Lucia, thank you for sharing 🙂 You make things so beautiful.

Geraldine
    Participant

Very lovely Lucia!

Jenny Resnick
    Keymaster

Very pretty, Lucia. I like the complimentary soft and warm natural tones of the wood and brass and the overall harmony.

Laura
    Participant

I really like the feeling your shrine emanates Lucia. It feels uplifting and sacred even looking at the image. Those brass items are very nice and have a more ‘ancient’ feel to them than modern candle holders, vase etc.

It’s interesting that you can sense something of the energy and being with which a person created something, and I love what you’ve brought from yourself to this shrine. It makes me visualize you placing the items there with dedication and sincerity 🙂 Thanks very much for sharing.

Lucia
    Participant

That’s interesting Laura that you can “feel the person” behind an altar. Now as you said that, it is pretty obvious to me as well! 🙂

And you also made me think of all those items there, and actually, each one has a little history behind it, whether due to the way I acquired it, or who gave it to me, etc… The Lakshmi image for example I found about 6 years ago while living in the U.S. and going through some turbulent times. I just “fell in love” with it and decided to have it on a shrine one day. 🙂 Or the brass vase was a gift from my mom many years ago, as well as the tablecloth, etc…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

error: