"El Milagroso" by Micaela Chauque

Home forums Mantras and Music Traditional and Folk Music South American Andean "El Milagroso" by Micaela Chauque

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Jordan Resnick 5 days, 4 hours ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Jordan Resnick
    Keymaster

Micaela Chauque is a revered modern Andean musician and composer from Argentina. Andean music is one of the remnants of the lost civilization of the sun in South America.

Here is a fun song of hers called “El Milagroso,” which means “the miraculous” in English:

In this live performance, you can see the simple joy that this style of music still brings to people today (and has been bringing to people for thousands of years). That in itself is miraculous! 🙂

For a more polished version, here is the official music video:

Ella
    Participant

Whaaa! Yep, the joy in that room, that seems to be the gift of that music, is palpable even witnessed from through a laptop! Wonderful – thanks Jordan.

Lucia
    Participant

Yay, let’s dance! 🙂 I agree, Jordan, that Andean music is one of the most joyful and light music I’ve ever heard.

I haven’s come across this particular musician yet, so that was interesting to see too.

Karim
    Participant

Yes, very nice. I agree on this music bringing that joyousness which might seem like a simple thing. But so often nowadays things feel quite low and dreary, so then playing some of this simple music can do a lot to uplift things.

Adam
    Participant

Thanks for sharing. Andean music always seems to have a joyous and innocent ambience to it. Though maybe just me, it all sounds kind of the same.

Geraldine
    Participant

It’s raining cats and dogs for me, and this song just brought the sun back in my home 😉
    Thanks Jordan – this song definitely has such a joy to it! And WAOW, Micaela Chauque is an amazingly talented flute player! That was a joy in itself to watch her play and effortlessly changed instruments – the sound had such purity to it.. How truly lovely 🙂

My parents used to have an Andean flute, and as a little kid I would always ‘stare’ at it (’cause it wasn’t a toy and was placed just a tad bit too high on the shelf for me) and then later on, I did try to play it… But to no avail!

It’s interesting, but growing up, Andean music is perhaps the one music most associated with my childhood. I think it was really pretty big in the 70’s in France..

Jordan Resnick
    Keymaster

@Geraldine, Yeah, it’s amazing how it seems to have really struck a chord with people in France from the late 50s on. Una Ramos even moved there for example! Maybe it’s because he was so good and performing there that it took off. 😉

@adam, Regarding sounding the same, I think it’s like that with any genre of music. I distinctly remember thinking all Western classical music sounded the same before I got into listening to it for example. So in my experience the more you get to know a type of music, the less it’s like that for you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

error:

Send this to a friend