Gunung Padang, Indonesia

Home forums Ancient Sites Asia Gunung Padang, Indonesia

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Justin Norris 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ella
    Participant

Gunung Padang is a site in Java, Indonesia, and one of the latest to send shock waves through the archaeological world. As Gobekli Tepe provided the unique chance of accurate carbon dating by being filled in and so remaining as a ‘time capsule’, this site also contains purposely buried parts, and carbon dating is throwing up surprising results that cannot be easily contested, ridiculed or ignored by the orthodox archaeological community. The discovery of Gunung Patang’s true antiquity could go a long way in helping reveal the truth about our origins.

Australian geologist Dr Danny Hilman Natawidjaja confronted a huge amount of opposition to his research on what has been considered a 2,500 year old megalithic site since its rediscovery in 1914. Nearly a century later, he has brought forth evidence that the ‘sacred mountain’ is not a natural formation with a smattering of archaeological sites, but an immense man-made, multi-layered pyramid built atop a volcanic protrusion, that could be the oldest known built structure in the world.

Dr Hilman actually took his case to the President of Indonesia after he was forced to halt his explorations, and finally obtained the permissions needed to continue to investigate the site. Initial results include finding rocks stuck together with a kind of glue, dating to 7,000 years BC. This itself puts the site on par with Gobekli Tepe in terms of rewriting human history.

However, Hilman and others suggest Gunung Patang is a multi-layered structure with its earliest layers dating to 22,000 BC. Interestingly, also in Indonesia, Sulawesi, cave rock art dating to 39,000 years old was found, some of the oldest in the world.

No solar alignments are yet known, (that I can find) but the site’s extreme age makes it likely to have been built by a much more advanced civilization that what is commonly thought existed at that time, potentially connecting it to forgotten practitioners of the religion of the sun.

In the first few minutes of this interview, Graham Hancock talks a bit about Gunung Padang, and then about Gobekli Tepe.

Here is an article by Hancock on the site, which contains a recreation of what the site may have looked like, and below is a picture of part of it today, from Wikipedia.

Gunung Padang

Lucia
    Participant

Thanks for bringing this site in, Ella. I kept hearing this name here and there, I guess it is being talked about quite a lot!

A lot of its story reminds me of Bosnian Pyramids, including the extremely ancient age, lots of oppression, and the revelations brought forth by the ground-penetrating radar (what a great device for these times! :-)).

Regarding the alignments, I came across one article where the author tried to guess possible alignments depending on what era the site was built in, but he also states that to find alignments of this site with certainity, it will have to be properly excavated first, and its real age determined. Still, an interesting article IMO:
    http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/gp.htm

Karim
    Participant

Great find and information Ella! I enjoyed reading the Hancock article and it’s so exciting to hear news about such an intriguing find. 🙂 Will look into it more, and hope more will be uncovered and fully disclosed.

@Gobleki Tepe. I have to post a little wide eyes 0_0 smiley face from what I heard in that Joe Rogan with Hancock. He mentions that currently four of the circles are visible above ground, but that with the ground penetrating radar they saw that there are at least 20, possibly 50! more at the Gobleki Tepe site!!! Not sure if he means directly under or others in the vicinity. If true that’s staggering and amazing.

Justin Norris
    Keymaster

I found the description of this site in Magicians of the Gods really fascinating and I’ve been wanting to learn about it more. Amazing to consider what it could reveal if excavated fully. It is a shame (although not surprising) that the archaeologist leading the effort has faced so much resistance.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

error:

Send this to a friend