"Notas de Fuego" by Uña Ramos

Home forums Mantras and Music Traditional and Folk Music South American Andean "Notas de Fuego" by Uña Ramos

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jordan Resnick 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jordan Resnick
    Keymaster

“Notas de Fuego” is another song by celebrated Andean musician Uña Ramos. It means “notes of fire” or “fire notes” in English.

In The Path of the Spiritual Sun, authors Belsebuub and Angela Pritchard write:

Fire has played an essential part of sacred rituals and ceremonies, and has held a central place on altars and shrines that honor the divine throughout the world since the beginning of history. This knowledge of the spiritual nature of fire has come down, at least in part, from the ancient sacred teachings that originated from a lost global civilization that practiced a religion of the sun, and influenced or gave rise to the religion of ancient Egypt, the Vedic and Hindu religion of India, Zoroastrianism in Persia, the Inca religion of South America, the Druidism of the British Isles, and a number of others in which the sun and fire were seen as manifestations of the divine.

Uña Ramos was born right in the heart of the Andes in the mountains on the border between Bolivia and Argentina (on the Argentinean side), and as such, was directly exposed to the culture of the descendants of the lost civilization of the sun in South America. His music always inspires me, and this song is no exception.

Here it is from the distributor in some countries:

And here is an alternate if the video is blocked (it seems to be blocked by that publisher in North America and some European countries):

Lucia
    Participant

Thank you Jordan, Una Ramos is an unending source of inspiration, isn’t he? It seems a lot of his work reflects this purity and strength of Andean music.

Regarding the topic of fire in music, I also have some favourite music pieces that express it, but will create a different post in order not to mess up this one. 🙂

Ella
    Participant

Andean music has a really special, uniquely uplifting quality I find. Thanks for bringing this artist to my attention; I hadn’t clocked him before.

The quote about the importance in fire in ceremony makes me want to explore it even more. It occurs to me now that in my life it time beside a fire has been some of the most reflective and mystical. Before I was in touch with spiritual teachings or people who shared this interest of mine, I think it was often times alone with campfires or even candles that helped to urge me on to search for something spiritual. It’s almost like the mere contact with that living divine force is enough to help awaken the fire in the heart and propel its search for truth.

Karim
    Participant

Those are some interesting reflections Ella. I did a retrospective exercise two nights ago and beforehand I made sure to light a candle and ask for help properly. It flowed surprisingly well. Then last night at the same I decided to do the same practice, but didn’t light a candle (these tealights don’t re-light well, it’s late already anyway etc. or something similar to it was what I was thinking) and did the practice in the dark. It didn’t have that same magic as when the the candle light was illuminating the room, and the practice happened to require much more effort.
    Not saying it all depended on the fire, but it seems to bring something special into a place or activity for sure.

@song. This song does seem to portray that dancing of the flames of a bonfire well. Makes you wonder about big bonfires ‘back in the day’ somewhere in the mountains at night.

Nice addition Jordan.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

error:

Send this to a friend