Solar Cross Wooden Candle Holder

Home forums Items and Clothing Art and Ornaments Solar Cross Wooden Candle Holder

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Laura 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Laura
    Participant

Hi,

I came across this really nice looking wooden candle holder in the shape of a solar cross. The workmanship looks solid and it’s made of pine wood. It’s a nice large size too, 17,5 cm. I thought it would look beautiful on a shrine. The artist also has a swastika shaped candle holder also made of pine, a bit smaller, 10,5 cm.

Then slightly unrelated but I also came across this shop – Ceramystery. They are creating everyday clay ceramics some of which have solar symbols on them and remind me of archaeological finds of ancient cultures.

Coffee cup and saucer with spirals

Bowl with sun and spiral

Bowl with ancient spiral ornament

Geraldine
    Participant

Very, very lovely items 🙂 @laura

Ella
    Participant

Yes they’re very nice Laura. I liked this Celtic Sun Cross one too, and this one which holds five candles.

Lucia
    Participant

That’s a beautiful cross candleholder Laura!  I think its very symbolic to have the light burning in the middle like that.

And that ceramystery shop is such a fun! Really nice way of bringing the ancient decoration motifs into the everyday use. I am reading that they even use an ancient Slavic technique of “milk firing” that gives the ceramics a natural water proof qualities. I really like their fruit strainer – very pretty and practical too.

Karim
    Participant

Great finds Laura. Some of those would make perfect additions to shrines, or the home in general.

Laura
    Participant

@lucia, that’s really nice they’re also using an ancient technique to make the ceramics, on top of incorporating ancient solar symbology on them. It’s actually a fantastic idea – to create similar ceramics to the ancients and similar symbology, even exactly the same decorative motifs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

error:

Send this to a friend