White Pants & Shirts for Ceremonies

Home forums Items and Clothing Clothing White Pants & Shirts for Ceremonies

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sof 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

sof
    Participant

After searching around for white pants and white shirts I came across this shop which sells these and are very comfortable and VERY reasonably priced. The shop can be found here  – https://www.facebook.com/Yak-Yeti-Brisbane-318662928150758/

The pants are known as fisherman’s/yoga/mediation style and one size fits all, the shirts have nice vertical stripes, which are gender neutral. They are both 100% cotton. Here is an image of them. The pants ‘wrap’ around you and is then tied to at the front (the image shows them looking at the back of them). They even have a handy pocket.

White Shirt & Pants

David P
    Participant

Hi Sofios, do you know if their clothes are made under ethical conditions (i.e. not a sweat shop)?

sof
    Participant

That is a good question to ask the retailer, which I will and get back to you.

sof
    Participant

Hi David

Here is an update on question poised on these clothes.

I rang the retailer and they said that the manufacturer of these clothes has a good reputation and has been in business for around 30 years, and that these garments are ethically sourced (made in India and Bali). I have known this retailer for many years and they come across as a genuine individual.

When I asked, they were more than happy for me to call the manufacturer directly. Speaking to them, I was guaranteed that there is no child labour in the production process, only a team of 25-30 adults who work on these products (just like in any typical clothing factory).

The way both of these sources spoke to me gave the indication that they were being honest and truthful, and had nothing to hide, as they didn’t try to dismiss or divert my questions.

I trust that this answers your question sufficiently.

David P
    Participant

Thanks for checking into that Sof. From what you’ve said I’m still kind of wondering though whether the conditions of the employment for the adult workers is good i.e. do they get a decent enough wage for the hours they work, and are they expected to do long shifts everyday etc.

Unfortunately the “typical clothing factory” in 3rd world countries isn’t all that good and I would not expect those ones to be upfront about the real conditions if speaking to them on the phone and the retailer may not be any the wiser . Maybe this one is fine. How do you really know? Except for actually going there, I don’t know.  Has the retailer actually been there?

A good documentary to see is about the “fast fashion” industry and the 3rd world factories and cotton farms behind it, it is called The True Cost

The price of clothing has been decreasing for decades, while the human and environmental costs have grown dramatically.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

error:

Send this to a friend