In helping others, we align ourselves with the natural flow of the universe, remaining open to spiritual learning and guidance by not only receiving spiritual information for ourselves, but also passing it along so others may likewise benefit.
This also naturally develops spiritual qualities such as care, love and generosity.
This is why in many traditions, helping others spiritually is an essential part of spiritual practice. In the Taoist Hua Hu Ching spiritual seekers are urged to “humbly share it [spirituality] with others”. Jesus encourages the disciples to help others spiritually when he says “freely ye have received, freely give”. And in the Hindu text Bhagavad Gita, Krishna explains that spiritual seekers who wish to achieve the final liberation must always be concerned for the spiritual welfare of others.
Listed below are texts related to the religion of the sun containing references to helping others spiritually (note this is a work in progress and will be expanded as further research is conducted):
- Essene Gospel of Peace, Book One (Translation by Edmond Bordeaux Szekely)
- Matthew 5:19-20, Matthew 10:10
- Bhagavad Gita, Chapter 5, Verse 25 Action and Renunciation
- Bhagavad Gita, Chapter 18, Verse 64 Final Revelations of the Ultimate Truth
- Bhagavad Gita, Chapter 18 Verse 68 Final Revelations of the Ultimate Truth
- Hua Hu Ching, Chapter 26
- It is in Giving Spiritually that we Receive Spiritually by Belsebuub
- Having Spiritual Knowledge Brings a Responsibility to Help Others by Belsebuub
- Self Knowledge for Spiritual Awakening Chapter 16 by Belsebuub
Down below are posts about ancient sacred texts related to the religion of the sun that deal with the importance of helping others spiritually.