The ancient spiritual sites found all around the world are one of our greatest mysteries. Who built them? How old are they? And why are so many of them aligned to the solstices and equinoxes?
The latest research on ancient sites from our contributors and guest writers is available in the pages listed below. For sacred sites we haven’t covered yet, links to external websites with more info will be provided.
Note: Credit for original photos appearing on this page:
– Wurdi Youang in Australia by Wiki user Ray Norris.
– Mnajdra Megalithic Temple in Europe by Flickr user dr_zoidberg.
– Monks Mound in North America by Wiki user QuartierLatin1968; own work, CC BY-SA 3.0. Image has been modified.
– Petra in Jordan photo taken by Diego Delso, delso.photo, License CC-BY-SA.
– “Chuhukt66” in Russia by Vladimir Kosolapov; own work. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons.